Thursday, March 10, 2011

blurbs

I tend to do these update blurbs. Whoops! Will try to write more about more in depth topics.

I'm training for 1/2 marathon #2 on April 15th. I finished the Livestrong 1/2 in about 2:26 which was pretty good in comparison to my lack of training, knee issues, and killer hills from mile 10-13. With that said, I want to do better this time around! I'm hoping to run more around a 2:15. As part of that, I start my training (again) on Saturday with a nice easy 7 miler. During the weeks I'll be trying to work hills and speed a little.

I also took the plunge and signed up for a bootcamp. At 6 am. 2x a week. It's kind of like dying every Tuesday and Thursday, but I think it'll be good for me and my fitness goals. Today we did 50 squats, 50 above the head kettlebell lifts, 50 sumo squat kettlebells, 50 medicine ball side to sides, 50 butterfly crunches and then we got to do all of them again 30 times, and then again 10 times. Paaaaainn. I'm also semi-attempting a low-ish carb diet that begins in earnest tomorrow (I know that's what they all say).

Indy is doing well. We had a bit of a scare this weekend with some sickliness but he seems much better now. He lost quite a bit of weight, so I'm attempting to fatten him up. He loves it. On May 1st we start Agility League competition!

I got a 20,000 dollar a year scholarship at Vanderbilt on Monday, making it roughly the same price as UT. If I don't get in to Michigan, I will most likely be attending Vanderbilt Law next year. Yikes! I visit UT on March 25 and Vandy on April 8. I actually bought a pair of Sperry Top-siders today so that I can blend in on campus.

I had the joy of three awesome weekends in a row the past three weeks! Tyler came and visited for the weekend and got to see me stagger across the half marathon finish line. The next weekend was Disciple Now, an annual in-town church retreat that I have participated in (in various capacities) 9 times now! I was with the 7th and 8th grade house and it was cuh-razy. Not to brag, but the leaders did dominate on Murder in the Dark (best game ever). And then the NEXT weekend, Kirsten got to come visit! We pretty much ate a ton of food. We went to the kite festival, played with Indy, ate sno-cones and had a blast. Visits from friends have been so life-giving these past couple of weeks. I miss my social support system. More importantly, I just miss my friends!

1 comment:

  1. miss you too, devin. love hearing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete